Pork Hunter

Friday, August 11, 2006

Fiscal Irresponsibility and the Economic Support Fund

While I support the idea of stopping the trafficking of men, women and children for sexually explicit and despicable actions; I cannot for the life of me understand why we need 266 programs to deal with this problem.

This is Congresswoman MM's amendment for the Economic Support Fund for two million more dollars. This is part of the Foreign operations, export financing, and related programs appropriations bill, 2007, passed on June 5, 2006.

To see the Congresswoman''s amendment, http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/R?r109:FLD001:H53533. (I have decided to leave the link open to you, because I'm tired of chasing it. lol. I post, I link, it doesn't work. Argghhh!)

My good Lord! Have you ever seen ever seen how many items are in just one of these appropriations? We must attack this problem, so we are able to read each appropriation with ease. No kidding. Now back to the topic. :)

Morally, I believe we have a leg to stand on. Constitutionally? Within our borders, back in the day, I believe that would have the right thing to do. We did not have the type of transportion we have today, so I am not clear. Don't we need a treaty or an amendment to spend this kind of money, even though it is morally the right thing to do?

Next years appropriations bill which includes the Economic Support Fund has grown to the gross amount of $2,650,740,000. That's right, TWO TRILLION DOLLARS. How is it we cannot fix our budget again?

I do not want another politician, from either party, crying about the deficit. Let me do that for you. At least my tears will be sincere. I cannot believe this. And the Republicans are in charge? OF WHAT?

Category: Congress.