Pork Hunter

Thursday, August 17, 2006

It could be me...

I don't seem to know how to wrap my mind around a bill {HR 4 [Pension Protection Act of 2006 (Considered and Passed by House)]} that is supposed to help pensions, yet this bill includes such things as: Duty suspensions on wool products (HR 4; Chapter 2--Miscellaneous provisions Sec. 1631. Vessel Repair Duties), Sec. 829. Allow rollovers by nonspouse beneficiaries of certain retirement plan distributions, Subtitle D--Health and Medical Benefits (why is the Federal government getting into these pockets?), and so much more.

The first incident I provided was found at bottom of the whole written bill. The others are from the short title. There is absolutely no way to tell what in God's name they have hidden in there.

I would provide a link, but they don't seem to work for me. When you go to the Thomas Guide, enter HR 4. You will then see 3 articles that are a complete match. I chose the 2nd one, which is named above. From there, you're on your own. lol.

I do not know why they need so many pieces of paper to write one bill. Can you imagine it? Where are the environmentalists? I object!

Maybe we need to pass a bill that states if the bill takes more than 3 pieces of paper, it must submitted to the citizens of the United States for consideration. Maybe then we could really see what is going on and stop it before it even gets started. Hey, I can dream, right?

Category: Congress.